14/04/2012

Dearest Dad


Dearest Dad
How I miss your presence every minute
How different my life is without you in it
The little things that you did unknowingly
I'll remember and treasure, always fondly

But what will I do without your guidance?
I can't judge life with a glance
For you used to sat me down and say
"It's best to go the positive way"

It's so empty and cold without you around
But I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground
Remembering your every word of encouragement
No matter how good or bad was my temperament

Your laughter and tears
Have taken away my fears
You taught me all about hope
And for that, I'll somehow cope

Since this life you had to depart
Let you know that deep in my heart
I will always love you
As the rest of the family do too

Goodbye to the best Dad ever
I'll be proud of you forever
No-one could ask for anyone better
And I damn say so, in this letter

With Love, from your Precious Lass, always
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment